Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get to my accommodation?
What do the names of the accommodation mean?
The Hillside Retreat was built in 2012 and is placed on a little hill overlooking the surrounding area. It is a calm retreat where nature presents itself at its best. Not only here but also at the Nature Homes guests have seen giraffes walking by while sitting on the terrace. The Nature Homes, as the name already contains, are homes built into nature. All of them are surrounded by lots of acacia trees, very typical for Tanzania.
How's the climate?
When is the best time to travel?
What are the local payment options?
What vaccinations are required?
Is a trip to Tanzania safe?
All our activities and properties are up to date in regards to COVID-19 measurements. If you need detailed information you can find this under the point “COVID-19 PROACTIVE & PREVENTATIVE MEASURES ” or contact us directly.
How do I get a visa for Tanzania?
It is also possible to get your visa at Kilimanjaro airport for 50$/50€. In order to speed up your entry, this document can be filled out in advance and handed in at the counter:
What airlines fly to Tanzania?
Is it really illegal to take plastic with you?
COVID-19 PROACTIVE & PREVENTATIVE MEASURES
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, we have taken additional precautionary measures to guarantee our guests a safe stay.
With Africa Amini Alama‘s own healing center and CEO Dr. Cornelia Wallner-Frisee, we offer our guests the best possible support in health issues and guarantee the necessary measures for a safe stay of our guests in the Africa Amini Life Lodges and holiday apartments, especially in the current situation of the global coronavirus pandemic.
• Handwash and soap dispenser stations throughout lodge areas.
• Hand sanitizer in all areas and bathrooms.
• Guest Suites are desinfected before check-in and daily during a Guests stay.
• Spa & wellness areas cleaned more regularly, with special attention to high-contact areas.
• All of our guest accommodation units are at a safe distance from the others.
• In all public Guest areas.
• In allocation of dining room tables.
• On game drive vehicles except groups who travel together
• In most of Activities and Tours
• No buffets, and boma dinners unless lodge is booked for exclusive use.
• Snacks individually packaged (e.g. Lunchboxes).
GAME DRIVES, LODGE TRANSPORT AND ACTIVITIES
• All lodge and hired vehicles are extensively sanitized between transfers, tours and game drives.
• Transports are exclusive within groups.
• All Activities, offered by Africa Amini Life are outside, in the great outdoors. All general rooms are open due to the climate.